What you need to know about dry eye:
- 38% of adults experience dry eye, a lack of tears or poor quality of tears, which can cause irritated or gritty eyes, redness, burning, blurred vision.
Dry Eye can stem from:
- Age – Those 65 and older
- Gender – Particularly in women who are pregnant or experiencing menopause
- Medications or Medical Conditions – Decongestants, anti-depressants, diabetes, thyroid issues
- Environment – Conditions such smoke, wind or dry climate
- Technology – Not taking breaks from digital devices
Here are some tips to help alleviate symptoms:
- Increase the level of humidity
- Wear sunglasses to reduce exposure to wind and sun.
- Use nutritional supplements (if recommended)
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day
Advanced dry eye could damage and impair vision. Dr. Daniel Yamamoto & Dr. Tracie Inouchi can prescribe treatment to keep your eyes healthy.